Chick peas were once a secret of Asian, Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisine. Lucky for us, they have found prime real estate at your local grocery store.
Chick peas are round, white peas with a slightly nutty flavor. They contain high fiber, making it easy to eat at least 35 grams daily. Chick peas are high in soluble fiber, helping support bowel and heart health. Regular bowel movements help eliminate toxins. Diets rich in fiber help lower blood cholesterol. Fiber is fundamental in helping prevent cancer!
Chick peas are a high protein alternative to meat and also an amazing complex carbohydrate! They provide slow-release energy. Stabilizing blood glucose levels is helpful in the prevention and control of diabetes.
Vitamin B and E are standout! Chick peas contain a wide range of the B’s. This versatile menu choice helps calm the Central Nervous System. Vitamin B9 or folate is a standout among the B’s. Folate is the natural form of its synthetic version, folic acid. Folic acid gains its notoriety as a pregnancy supplement. It’s routinely prescribed to prevent spina bifida. I regularly incorporate chick peas into personalized menu plans. Pregnancy, depression and adrenal fatigue all benefit from this legume!
Powerful fat soluble Vitamin E is a key anti-oxidant fighting free radicals! It reduces inflammation, helps slow down aging and fight disease!
Chick Peas provide minerals lost in modern farming. Magnesium, iron, phosphorus and manganese make this a go-to food choice for vegans, vegetarians and yes, even meat eaters.
They are readily available an any grocery, health or bulk store. Go holistic and prepare yourself. Just wash and soak for several hours. Last step, simply cook in rapidly boiling water 45-60 minutes!* If this is too time consuming, buy canned but please rinse off salt. Aim for organic and non-gmo in a BPA free tin if budget allow.
CHICK PEAS are affordable, quick and portable. They turn any meal into a high fiber, carbohydrate and protein rich choice without high fat!
- Hummus for dips and sandwich spread replacement
- Salad topper
- Roasted for quick snack. Adding herbs increases holistic happiness!
- Chick peas and rice! Combined with any grain makes a complete protein, containing all amino acids!
- Great finger food for kids
- Nut-free! Gluten-free! Soy-free!Always Vegan!
It’s an AWESOME alternative to whatever you have now BECAUSE they started with an organic chick pea base, adding filtered water, non-gmo pea protein, organic flax seed oil and calcium! One cup (250 ml) is so clean!
- Contains 10 grams of protein unlike almond which contains a mere 1 gram.
- It’s low carb, having only 2 grams per serving
- 70 calories
- Sugar free
- Cholesterol free
- Low in sodium
- Low in fat with just 2.5 mg
- Contains calcium, iron, folate, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, copper and manganese
- Contains healthy fat, flax seed oil and 1000 mg of omega-3
YOFIIT milk puts health first. This non-gmo milk contains NO carrageenan, potato or rice starch. This milk is so fabulous it was awarded GIC 2016 most innovative award!
YOFIIT chick pea milk is not just for drinking. I have incorporated chick pea milk throughout the day!
- Substitute in coffee and tea
- Use to make overnight cereal
- Add to protein shakes
- Helped make my best corn bread ever
- Cookies, cakes, muffins and cupcakes
- Crock pot curries and stews
Anywhere you use dairy, nut, soy, rice, hemp, quinoa or coconut try CHICK PEA!
Chick peas boost the body! Healthy eating promotes happiness inside and out!!
Add a spoon of apple cider vinegar to the water! This helps eliminate bloating and gas in you later!